What is a pre-order and how to set up yours
What is a pre-order?
A pre-order is when you make a release available for sale before your official release date.
This is a great marketing tool, as it allows you to engage with your fanbase before your release is published and it helps you with marketing on social media and press. With pre-orders your fans will automatically receive your music on the release date. This can help you rise on iTunes, Amazon and Beatport charts, creating a higher profile for your release.
Please note: the pre-order will start at the exact same day on all the chosen stores. It is not possible to:
- choose different pre-order dates on different stores
- set a pre-order for a past date
- set a pre-order for date past the release date
Which digital stores support this option?
We offer you the possibility of setting up a pre-order on the following shops: iTunes, Google Play, Amazon and Beatport (electronic music only).
BEATPORT: if you want to set a pre-order on Beaport you need to already have a label page on Beatport otherwise we need to set it up for you. In this case please send us the logo of your label in .JPEG 1500x1500 pixels as described in the email (subject "Your distribution request for Beatport and Traxsource") we have sent you. Note: a label page creation can take up to 2 weeks.
How much does it cost?
- artist name;
- release title;
- barcode (you can find it in the confirmation email);
- the start date of the pre-order;
- Instant Gratification tracks. Please provide track names separated by a comma.
- Pre-listening period. Pre-listening excerpts range from 30 to 90 seconds depending on the online store and you can decide when to have them start using the dynamic bar in the "Tracks" section when uploading your record release to our platform.
How long does it take?
We need at least 10 working days to set up the Artist Pro tools for your release. For example: If you want pre-sales to start 4 weeks before release date, you will need to submit the necessary content 6 weeks prior to that date.