What do I need?
- ☑️ Audio files
- ☑️ Artwork
- ☑️ Metadata
Many shops, including Apple Music (iTunes) and Spotify, have very strict policies on artwork they will accept to be sold or streamed from their site. If your artwork does not meet their standards, we will be unable to distribute your release. To ensure your release complies, be sure to follow the guidelines, below.
- minimum 3000 x 3000 pixels;
- JPG or PNG and sharp when viewing it on 100%;
- RGB colour mode.
- We recommend adding the artist name and the release title on your artwork especially if you use an artist picture or generic landscape pictures.
- The artist name and the release title do not have to be added on artistic works.
- blurry and pixelated images;
- website URLs;
- social network symbols;
- email addresses;
- pornographic images;
- copyrighted images.
To help you, we’ve created a PDF with artwork guidelines. You can use this for your own reference, or share it with your graphic designer. Download it here.
Still need help? Check out our blog article for more details!
Apple Music / iTunes recently updated their guidelines, introducing a major change in the metadata requirements.
From now on all Band Members / Musicians contributing on a track must be listed with their instrumental roles.
Please check our dedicated FAQ article to get further informations.